Willowdale Federal Candidates meeting
In preparation for the 2021 Federal Election on Monday September 21, Earl Haig's Student Activity Council will be hosting a Willowdale Federal Candidates meeting on Wednesday September 15 @ 6pm, hosted by our Community Rep William and our President Jason! The event will be streamed on HaigTV on Youtube - youtube.com/haigtv and in a local Facebook group, Willowdale Neighbours Connect - facebook.com/groups/WillowdaleNeighbours/
Feel free to submit a question here ! We encourage Earl Haig students, parents, teachers and community members to submit questions!
2021-2022 Earl Haig SS School Council Nomination Form
On September 23rd we will hold our Annual General Meeting and part of the meeting's purpose is to elect a new Parent Council for the 2021-2022 school year. Any parent or guardian with a child at Earl Haig can volunteer to be a member of the council. You will find information on the Council as well as the meeting schedule in the link below. If you are interested in volunteering we ask that you complete the nomination form in the link below and return to Lorena Ferrone by September 17th 3:30pm. The AGM will be held via zoom and a link will be sent out closer to the date of September 23rd.
Please download the nomination form here . If you have any questions about council please do not hesitate to contact us.
PARENT SCHOOL COUNCIL
The Earl Haig Parent School Council is made up of members of the local school community - parents, community members, students, teachers, non-teaching staff and the principal - who have or wish to have an impact on or input into the education of its students. The School Council creates a vital link among parents, community members, students and the school staff to share concerns, goals, and issues that contribute to success for every student.
The Earl Haig School and Parent Council:
- promotes parental involvement in our school by providing a voice for parents and an opportunity for sharing information concerning our school, community and board issues,
- makes recommendations to the principal or school board on any matter that affects student learning in meaningful ways, and,
- advocates on behalf of students and the school through regular contact with the Board Trustees, Administrators and other schools in our area.
School Council Meetings
Find meeting dates, agenda and minutes
September 23, 2021 @ 7:30 pmPresentation/Form
- Election of a new council
- Introduction of the new council
- Tips for success presentation by teaching staff and guidance counsellors
October 19, 2021 @ 7:30 pm
November 9, 2021 @ 7:00 pm
- College and University fair
SCHOOL/PARENT COUNCIL EXECUTIVE 2021/2022
- CO-CHAIRS: TBD
- VICE-CHAIRS (Claude Watson): TBD
- VICE CHAIRS (Collegiate): TBD
- SECRETARY: TBD
- VIRTUAL COMMITTEE : TBD
- WARD MEETING REP: TBD
- TREASURER: TBD
- PRINCIPAL: Ricky Goldenberg
- TEACHER REPS: Michael Canzi & Tara Lee Blight
- STAFF REPS (Non-Teaching Staff): Lorena Ferrone
- SAC PRESIDENT: Jason Wong
- WEB MASTER: TBD
Susan Kenny: email@example.com
Susan Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 416 395-3210